From: attilathehun1 on
I hooked up the printer, scanner, and web-cam in the middle of a boot, and
then I started gettting a " du dum " noise when it comes out of " low-power"
mode, or " stand-by " mode. When the monitor goes blank after 20 mins,
coming back out after moving the mouse, it makes the noises, " do dumm". I
know something is an amiss.
What is the problem?
--
attilathehun1
From: Brian A. on
"attilathehun1" <attilathehun1(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I hooked up the printer, scanner, and web-cam in the middle of a boot, and
> then I started gettting a " du dum " noise when it comes out of "
> low-power" mode, or " stand-by " mode. When the monitor goes blank after
> 20 mins, coming back out after moving the mouse, it makes the noises, "
> do dumm". I know something is an amiss.
> What is the problem?
> --
> attilathehun1

Is this a sound emitted from the speakers or inside the case? If it's from the
speakers, check your settings in Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sound and
Audio Devices > Sounds tab for an event that may be enabled.

--
Brian A.

From: Elmo on
attilathehun1 wrote:
> I hooked up the printer, scanner, and web-cam in the middle of a boot, and
> then I started getting a " du dum " noise when it comes out of " low-power"
> mode, or " stand-by " mode. When the monitor goes blank after 20 mins,
> coming back out after moving the mouse, it makes the noises, " do dumm". I
> know something is an amiss.
> What is the problem?

There's a similar sound when a new device is found. I suspect the USB
ports are turned off during "low power mode" and when you come out of
this mode, the devices are reintroduced.

Open Device Manager, open the properties on each USB Root Hub entry,
click the Power tab, and deselect "Allow the computer to turn off this
device to save power".

--
Joe =o)
From: Jose on
On Mar 30, 9:00 pm, attilathehun1
<attilatheh...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I hooked up the printer, scanner, and web-cam in the middle of a boot, and
> then I started gettting a " du dum " noise when it comes out of " low-power"
> mode, or  " stand-by " mode. When the monitor goes blank after 20 mins,
> coming back out after moving the mouse, it makes the noises, " do dumm". I
> know something is an amiss.
>  What is the problem?
> --
> attilathehun1

Why would you hook that stuff up in the middle of a boot? It doesn't
matter really though.

Identify the sound from Control Panel and there will be no guessing
about what it might be, then you can determine what it is exactly, and
what to do about it if you don't like it. At least you will
understand it.

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, the
Sounds tab.

Sounds like it might be Device Connect or Device Disconnect. Play
those sounds from Control Panel, if that is what you are hearing, it
is normal when connecting disconnecting some USB devices. Unplug and
replug your devices and associate them with the settings you see and
the sounds you play manually.

If you are coming out of Stand By, Windows will make some noises by
default. It is working as designed and nothing is amiss. If you
don't like it, change it.

If you don't care for the way Windows handles such events, change
them, but at least you will understand them.
From: attilathehun1 on
Well Elmo, your right. I did what you said, went into Device Manager and
deselected the box you stated in USB Root HUB and clicked the power
management tab, not the power tab, and it worked. I did flash my BIOS, could
tht have been the start.
One thing I wanted to ask. In default mode, or when it comes from the
factory, are these boxes selected or not, the USB Root HUB in Device Manager?
Anyways, thanks for the help and your post was the " nail on the head " .
Thanks, attilathehun1

--
attilathehun1