From: ECLiPSE 2002 on
I am running Win XP SP3 and recently I have had repeated closings of
explorer.exe. while using it to drag and drop files or simply to
select the properties of a file. When this happens the desktop goes
blank and it takes a short time before the icons reappear -on occasion
I get Active Desktop language superimposed over the icons.

The error signature popup shows the following:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVersion 6.0.2900.5512
ModName: unknown ModVersion: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 015b33ec

Error Report Contents
Exception Information
Code: 0x0000005
Flags: 0x0000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000
Address: 0x00000000015b33ec

The error report contents have line after line of characters under
Module 1, Module 2 etc

Is there a common cause for this explorer shutdown?

Any suggestions or fixes would be appreciated.

Mary
From: db on
you might try booting
into safe mode and test