From: Ameneses on
I'm getting the following error when using a third party Backup Utility which
uses VOLUME SHADOW COPY (Windows service):
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: An internal inconsistency was
detected in trying to contact shadow copy service writers. Please
check to see that the Event Service and Volume Shadow Copy Service are
operating properly.

I'd appreciate your help
From: Twayne on
In news:FBDD6165-C92E-42F8-A08D-16C5F37F7CAF(a)microsoft.com,
Ameneses <Ameneses(a)discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I'm getting the following error when using a third party
> Backup Utility which uses VOLUME SHADOW COPY (Windows
> service):
> Volume Shadow Copy Service error: An internal inconsistency
> was
> detected in trying to contact shadow copy service writers.
> Please
> check to see that the Event Service and Volume Shadow Copy
> Service are operating properly.
>
> I'd appreciate your help

Well, first, what have you done so far? Have you check to see if it's
running? What else?
What is the backup utility name and rev? Which XP and what service pack?
Etc..