From: Maxwell Lol on
Ed Morton <mortonspam(a)gmail.com> writes:

> I absolutely thought it was probably spam, but I didn't necessarily
> think it was from you (see below). I've never heard of that web site
> and your post had the look and feel of many spam postings where it
> just gives a link to a site and says something brief like "Check this
> out." or "What do you think?".

As i recall, tldp.org is The Linux Documentation Project.

This project sounds like a good idea, but often the web pages are
dated and/or obsolete.

I always found google was more useful for particular problems.
From: Ed Morton on
On Jan 12, 3:09 pm, Keith Keller <kkeller-use...(a)wombat.san-
francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> > I absolutely thought it was probably spam, but I didn't necessarily think it was
> > from you (see below). I've never heard of that web site
>
> Never heard of TLDP?!?  Wow, I am so old!

I suspect it's the other way around. I was programming on UNIX for a
decade or so before Linux was invented, and have never needed to refer
to any Linux documentation for anything I had to do on it. By and
large, I've actually been pretty unaffected by Linux's existence.

> TLDP is The Linux Documentation Project.  It has been around for many
> years, replacing the old linuxdoc.org domain.  For more history check
> out
>
> http://tldp.org/history.html

Thanks for the info but, like Cygwin, Linux is just another *NIX as
far as anything I need to do on it (I hear the gnashing of purists
teeth...).

Cheers,

Ed.

From: superpollo on
Younes Zouhair ha scritto:
> On 01/12/2010 08:37 AM, superpollo wrote:
>> http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/
>>
>> your opinion? is there a better place for learning?
>>
>> bye
>
> I like http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide and
> http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashFAQ
>
> You'll learn more about good scripting habits than with abs's examples.
>
> http://www.bash-hackers.org/wiki/doku.php is good too
>
> Good luck
>
> zouhair

thanks a lot.