From: bucky3 on
I use Outlook 2003 with Exchange. My settings delivers the mail to the
Exchange Mailbox, but then I have a rule to move it to my local PST
inbox.

A problem started occurring recently where when I accept/decline a
meeting from the PST inbox, it doesn't update the status on my
Exchange calendar (the meeting is there, but the status didn't
change). It only updates the status on the PST calendar. (I think if I
accept/decline the meeting directly on the Exchange calendar, it
works; it only fails when I accept/decline from PST inbox).

What's strange is I've had this setup for years and it was working
fine. I did have to change the Exchange server name a couple of months
ago, not sure if that had anything to do with it.
From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
Set up an exception in your rules for appointment and meeting items so that
they stay in your Exchange mailbox. Accept them from that mailbox and then
delete.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, bucky3 asked:

From: David on
As of a couple of days, I have the exact same problem. Tried al sorts of stuff, but can't seem to get it fixed.

While the solution Milly Staples is proposing seems correct, it's a workaround, not a fix of the problem.

Very strange behavious. Like in the OP case, it has worked for me for years.

Regards,
David

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook/accept-decline-not-updating-Exchange-calendar