From: tonkaplayer on
Given a form with the fields Make, Model What is the best way to create combo
boxes that look up models based on make? Is it a lookup box or would you
create a table with the make and model in it? Also can you set the field so
the user can type in something not already in the table? Make/Models do
change. Not needed a locked field just want to easy user process. What
would be the code? Etc. Thanks
From: Gina Whipp on
tonkaplayer,

For part one of your question see...

http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut10.htm

For part two...

http://www.databasedev.co.uk/multi-field-not-in-list.html

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

From: tonkaplayer on
Thanks I will look it over. A little more I a have a form that pulls fname
lname for name table. I search using the built in access searfch that is on
the botton of all forms. I then have a linked subform, linked by student id.
This subform pulls data from acton table recording student parking stickers
and car info. This subform has a subform as well that is linked and records
citation information. I will lokk over your link more but at first glance it
is very differnet from the help one. More that one way to do it I am sure.
One last question when I have these combo boxes working can I save the data
pulled from the make model tables to the action table?
Thanks for the help.

From: Gina Whipp on
I don't think I understood your last question... Why would you want to save
the data into another table?