From: bhrosey via AccessMonster.com on
Ok, I have been away from Access for a couple years now and was only a
moderate user to begin with. I am trying to build a database in 2007 that
has several details or fields about a product. I have a drop down list of
customers to choose from in the customer field, but if an operator comes
across a customer that is not in the list, what is the easiest way for them
to add it to list? I don't want them to have to retype if possible, but
that's not critical. I am not real good at code, so is there an easy way to
do this with queries or macros? Thanks for the help.

From: Allen Browne on
In form design view, right-click your combo.

Set its List Items Edit Form property (on the Data tab of the Properties
box) to the name of the form where you add new customers. The user can then
right-click the combo and choose Edit List Items to add a new customer.

More details and other alternatives in this article:
Adding values to lookup tables
at:
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-27.html#PopUpForm