From: Dennis on
I have vb.net 2003 and framework 1.1 with sp1 and have several apps where I
set comboboxes to -1 routinely and haven't had any problems so it must have
been fixed. I typically use

combobox.Selectedindex = combobox.findstringexact and when it doesn't find
the string, it sets the combobox to -1.
--
Dennis in Houston

From: Supra on