From: Patrick D. on
Hi

I just discovered, that I have no DNS Role in Windows Server 2008 Web Edition.

On the Role dialog you can see: "additional role services can be added from
the Roles home page"

Does that mean, that I can download DNS Role for W2k8 Web Edition?
.. . .I could not find the site, does it exist?

Thanks for your information.

Patrick
From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello Patrick D.,

You cannot download the DNS server role.

Install it with the server manager, add role. It is included:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/r2-compare-roles.aspx

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

From: Patrick D. on
Hi Meinolf

I was not talking about the R2 edition.
My concerning edition is Windows Server 2008 Web Edition.

Patrick

From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello Patrick D.,

Still the same, DNS is included.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

From: Patrick D. on
Hi Meinolf

Really? Can you tell me, what to do in the role wizard?

In fact in my Windows Server 2008 Web Edition (SP2) there are 2 roles I can
add:

- IIS
- Windows Update Services

Where is the DNS role?