From: perf on
Hi,
I having a problem using .addline method in VBA code. I am using office 2007
and .xls format (for compatibility with office 2003 reasons) files:
when I draw a new line with this .addline method, I see that the sometimes
(not always, quite randomly) the name given to the new line is already
existing in the sheet. so later in the program, I have a lot of problem
grouping the blocks (excel cannot choose the right shape by name)

how is it possible that addline method does this duplication?

many thanks in advance

Mark
From: JLGWhiz on
Are you sure the name is in the same sheet? It will assign the same name
to a line on sheet 2 as on sheet 1 and other sheets. But I have never seen
it assign the same name to a shape on the same sheet. Look for Sheet1!Line1
and Sheet2!Line1 for names. The sheet name should differentiate between the
line names.

From: perf on
I also thought it was impossible, but I have just tried to create one group
of shapes and the code crashed.

I can see why: there are exactly two "Straight Connector 295" on the same
sheet, one just created and one grouped in another block previously created.
in a way like this, the code crashed.
is there any way to decide the number of the lines?

how can it be possible? i suppose it's related to the way office 2007 maages
..xls files...

any suggestion/idea?

thanks

mark

thanks

From: JLGWhiz on
I have not dealt with xl2007 + yet, so I am not familiar with its
idiosyncrasies. I also was not aware the shapes which had been grouped
could contain the same names as shapes that were not grouped. But there is
a lot about this monster that I don't know.

From: JLGWhiz on
I am thinking that that should not be happening, and that you might have
turned up a bug. But without having that version of Excel I cannot verify
it. Maybe you should post it as a recommendation for MS to fix and see
what results you get.