From: deansparkman on
I transferred my office data when buying a new computer. Did it with a USB
transfer. Lost all my address book entries in Outlook. They're there if I
type in a letter, say a b, and all my addresses are there.l But, they're not
in the address book itself. What happened?
From: Bob I on
Sounds like you copied across the nickname file but not the PST file.
You would need to open the old PST file in Outlook and then drag the
Contacts folder contents from old to the new.

From: Russ Valentine on
You'll need to post more clearly. State precisely how you transferred your
data. State whether you have a Contacts Folder or not and what is in it.
State where you do not see Contacts that you think you should.
Note that you should never use Windows Easy Transfer with Outlook. It does
not work. Use one of the supported methods posted here daily.
--
Russ Valentine

From: VanguardLH on
deansparkman wrote:

> I transferred my office data when buying a new computer. Did it with a USB
> transfer. Lost all my address book entries in Outlook. They're there if I
> type in a letter, say a b, and all my addresses are there.l But, they're not
> in the address book itself. What happened?

When selecting addresses, or when looking in the Outlook Address Book (OAB)
which is not an address book itself but a container of address books, do you
see your Contacts folder if you use the drop-down listbox?

Did you add your contact-type folder to OAB? Right-click on the
contact-type folder, Properties, OAB tab, and make sure that folder is
included in the OAB.