From: Stewart on
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on screen)
in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this
would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

From: JoAnn Paules [MVP] on
Did you try simply highlighlighting the text you want, copy and paste it
into Word?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

From: Terry Farrell on
If you use the AR (Adobe Reader) print as a booklet. It prints two pages on each side of a single sheet of A4/Letter paper to create a booklet. That's 104/4 = 26 pages. So why not save the time and print a booklet from AR?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
From: Jay Freedman on
If that particular file allows it (which depends on how the instruction file
was created), you can click the Tools menu in Adobe Reader, click Select &
Zoom, and click Select Tool. The mouse cursor should become an I-beam when
positioned over the text area, and you can drag it across & down to select
text and pictures. Press Ctrl+C to copy the selection, switch to a Word
document, and paste.

OCR probably won't be necessary, because the copied text should paste as
editable text. The formatting may be different, though.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
To add to what the others have said, although you can certainly print the
entire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word document, have
you considered just printing specific pages of the PDF through Adobe Reader?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stewart" <anyone(a)supanet.com> wrote in message
>I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
>screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
> I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
> print what I want.
> Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
> I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this
> would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
> Thank you.
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: save as