From: Mike Gonta on
On Oct 18, 2:50 pm, "Rod Pemberton" <do_not_h...(a)nohavenot.cmm> wrote:

> If I relocate second.asm

Hi Rod,

Be carefull, there are 5 hard coded references to 1000h in the code,
2 in bootsector.asm and 3 in second.asm.

Thank you for your help in testing.
There seems to be a flaw in the method used for the pm to rm to pm
transition.
In my testing I can find nothing wrong, yet if I run a loop with a
bios call
the PC will reboot. For example:

@@:
mov ah, 1
int 16h
jmp @B

It appears to be caused by the timer int, not by the code but rather
too many
transitions.
I'm going to implement a simple V86 monitor to handle the transitions.

Mike Gonta

look and see - many look but few see

From: Rod Pemberton on

"Rod Pemberton" <do_not_have(a)nohavenot.cmm> wrote in message
> "Rod Pemberton" <do_not_have(a)nohavenot.cmm> wrote in message
> > "Rod Pemberton" <do_not_have(a)nohavenot.cmm> wrote in message
> > >
> > > 1010 RM0D
> >
> > 1013 PM06 (aeBIOS problem machine)
>
> 1014 (lockup)

1022 (lockup)

Rod Pemberton

From: Mike Gonta on
aeBIOS now boots and runs from a USB flash drive (pen drive, mem
stick)

The latest version is available here

http://mikegonta.com/aeBIOS

From: Mike Jones on
Mike Gonta wrote:
> aeBIOS now boots and runs from a USB flash drive (pen drive, mem
> stick)
>
> The latest version is available here
>
> http://mikegonta.com/aeBIOS
>

> Mike Gonta
>
> look and see- many look but few see

Same under VPC2004

just get the banner

aeBIOS version 20070927 - mikegonta.com/aeBIOS
and lockup
From: s_dubrovich on
Hi Mike,

[see below]

On Oct 18, 3:02 pm, Mike Gonta <mikego...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 18, 2:50 pm, "Rod Pemberton" <do_not_h...(a)nohavenot.cmm> wrote:
>
> > If I relocate second.asm
>
> Hi Rod,
>
> Be carefull, there are 5 hard coded references to 1000h in the code,
> 2 in bootsector.asm and 3 in second.asm.
>
> Thank you for your help in testing.
> There seems to be a flaw in the method used for the pm to rm to pm
> transition.
> In my testing I can find nothing wrong, yet if I run a loop with a
> bios call
> the PC will reboot. For example:

This has been nagging my subconscious, would you add 16 nop's and see
if that behaviour goes away?
> @@:
> mov ah, 1
-16 nop's here-
> int 16h
-or here-
> jmp @B

The instruction decode cache line is 16bytes long, and these are less
than that in length.

There must be more hear, than meets the eye, are you still listening?
:-)
Steve