From: neilscad on
A tip bit for those of you missing decent SW docs about these
subjects..
You might like to look at Autodesk AliasStudio 2008 help notes there
are some interesting PDF available in the on line help... ;o)

From: jon_banquer on
On Jul 7, 3:27 am, neils...(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> A tip bit for those of you missing decent SW docs about these
> subjects..
> You might like to look at Autodesk AliasStudio 2008 help notes there
> are some interesting PDF available in the on line help... ;o)

Why are they interesting?

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
http://blog.novedge.com/2007/07/an-interview-wi.html

From: neilscad on
....because Jon they actually look like a manual should do....and they
are freely available as well to interested tire kickers like your good
self...

looky inside my man at the discussion of the basis of tools and how
examples are given on using them and when to use them for the best..

it all goes to show how poor the SW manual is in reality doesnt it?

....but..if you have a read through this stuff you will pick up
insights that are useful for SW tasks as well...embarassing though it
may be to look at an Autodesk manual for help about how best to use
SW...

From: jon_banquer on
Got a link where I can download this manual?

The best manual / training guide I have seen so far for surfacing and
splines is Jerry Hambly's Rhino Level 1 and Level 2 manuals.

Jon Banquer
http://blog.novedge.com/2007/07/an-interview-wi.html

From: neilscad on
well Jon I dont think I should deep link to Autodesk esp on a SW forum
but if you go here
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=9493464
you will see a link to 08 on line help help notes and follow that to a
PDF link at the bottom of the list...