From: 83Dons on
I was wandering if there is any working alternative to the alBrowser.u32 for
the playing of external web pages within an Authorware page? We currently embed
a video file (.wmv) within an html page using Windows Media Player, eg:

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/clinskills/modules/VE/VEVideo.htm

This is called by the alBrowser function and the windows media player with the
video is then displayed within the Authorware page.

The problem we are having however is that the alBrowser function necessitates
a u32 file being temporarily downloaded into the users Authorware files for the
duration of using the module. Some institutions who have web player 7 installed
will not allow this to happen due to security settings about users writing to
system folders.

Is there any way to replicate the effect of alBrowser internally within the
module without the need to have any external files created in the Users local
folders? Thanks

From: Mark Tomlinson on
Use the Web Browser ActiveX control. Insert->Control->ActiveX
'Microsoft Web Browser'

It has a method called Navigate to specify the url to load:

CallSprite(@"web browser icon", #Navigate, "http://www.google.com")

Look at my other comments about persistance of U32s also...and about the
2004 player.

Mark

From: 83Dons on
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Newsgroup User[/b][/b][/i]
Use the Web Browser ActiveX control. Insert->Control->ActiveX
'Microsoft Web Browser'

It has a method called Navigate to specify the url to load:

CallSprite(@"web browser icon", #Navigate, "http://www.google.com")

Look at my other comments about persistance of U32s also...and about the
2004 player.

Mark
[/q]

Hi Iv tried that but must be doing something wrong as nothing happens when i
load the module up online.

I have added ActiveX as above which means an activex icon appears on the flow
line.

After that i added a calculation icon which contained:

CallSprite(@"QuestionVideo", #Navigate,
"http://www.dundee.ac.uk/clinskills/modules/PI/PIVideo.htm")

Where QuestionVideo is a display icon earlier in the flowline.

Any ideas what is wrong? Has anyone used this in their code?

From: Mark Tomlinson on
Firstly:

CallSprite(@"This should be the ActiveX Icon name", #Navigate,
"http://www.dundee.ac.uk/clinskills/modules/PI/PIVideo.htm")

Secondly:

Pause the piece when the ActiveX is on screen (Ctrl + P). Click on the
ActiveX display in the presentation window....Resize handles will
appear....resize appropriately...

Mark

From: 83Dons on
That seems to work great! Thanks

I have only one question, i dont know much about ActiveX. Does this place any
extra requirements on the user, do they have to download anything in order for
this to work? Or are there any restrictions imposed on by this?

Dont want users to have to install anything else as they already have to
install Authorware Web Player and Java Runtime Environment.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Authorware Latest
Next: parsing manifest