From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

Greg Heath wrote:

> On Mar 22, 3:54 pm, maury <maury...(a)core.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mar 22, 2:44 pm, "sanam1" <sanamsingh(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.hotmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Hi. What are the alternatives we have to cross-correllation ?
>>>If I want to find degree to similarity between two sampled signals what
>>>options do I have besides doing the obvious correlation??
>>
>>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>Take a look at the amplitude magnitude difference function
>

> Any reasonable alternative measure should be between signals that are
> normalized for differences in scale and location.

Extend this to any affine transformations ?

VLV
From: sanam1 on
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Suppose if I have two signals and I correlate them
then I get degree of similarity between them. But my question is that I
want to achieve same result but with an operation other than correlation.
Hope I have made my question clear.
Regards,
Sanam

From: sanam1 on
Hi,
How can I use affine transformation here??

From: HardySpicer on
On Mar 23, 8:44 am, "sanam1" <sanamsingh(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi. What are the alternatives we have to cross-correllation ?
> If I want to find degree to similarity between two sampled signals what
> options do I have besides doing the obvious correlation??
>
> Thanks in advance

You could shift one wrt the other, multiply and sum.
From: dvsarwate on
On Mar 23, 2:10 am, HardySpicer <gyansor...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> You could shift one wrt the other, multiply and sum.

And what is the difference between this shift-multiply-sum
operation, by which you presumably mean something like

sum_{over all i} x[i]*y[i+k]

and the cross-correlation that the OP does not want?