From: sanam1 on
Hi. What are the alternatives we have to cross-correllation ?
If I want to find degree to similarity between two sampled signals what
options do I have besides doing the obvious correlation??

Thanks in advance

From: maury on
On Mar 22, 2:44 pm, "sanam1" <sanamsingh(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi. What are the alternatives we have to cross-correllation ?
> If I want to find degree to similarity between two sampled signals what
> options do I have besides doing the obvious correlation??
>
> Thanks in advance

Take a look at the amplitude magnitude difference function
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

sanam1 wrote:

> Hi. What are the alternatives we have to cross-correllation ?
> If I want to find degree to similarity between two sampled signals what
> options do I have besides doing the obvious correlation??

Define "similarity".
Depending on this, there could be infinitely many ways to measure it.

VLV
From: Greg Heath on
On Mar 22, 3:54 pm, maury <maury...(a)core.com> wrote:
> On Mar 22, 2:44 pm, "sanam1" <sanamsingh(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi. What are the alternatives we have to cross-correllation ?
> > If I want to find degree to similarity between two sampled signals what
> > options do I have besides doing the obvious correlation??
>
> > Thanks in advance
>
> Take a look at the amplitude magnitude difference function

Any reasonable alternative measure should be between signals that are
normalized for differences in scale and location.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Gre
From: Clay on
On Mar 22, 3:44 pm, "sanam1" <sanamsingh(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi. What are the alternatives we have to cross-correllation ?
> If I want to find degree to similarity between two sampled signals what
> options do I have besides doing the obvious correlation??
>
> Thanks in advance

One way comes free Speech Processing known as dynamic time warping -
it gives a degree of simlarity and allows for distortions in scale.

Clay