From: jemptymethod on
On Jul 27, 2:00 am, hae <r_haer...(a)gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just tried your ebook. I am behind a proxy and get a few error
> messages about not connecting. Here is one:
>
> ------->8-------->8--------------
>
> couldn't open socket: connection refused
> couldn't open socket: connection refused
>     while executing
> "::http::geturlhttp://tom.jabber.ee/chessblog/wp-content/pgnviewer/img/zurich/board/...

Thanks for trying it out! I need to get rid of those external image
references, that should solve that. Will rebuild it without those and
inform you offline.
From: jemptymethod on
On Jul 27, 2:07 am, hae <r_haer...(a)gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just downloaded the hv3-win32-nightly-08_0203.exe. How can I set up
> the connection settings, ie. proxy name and port?
>
> Rüdiger
>
> > The usenet group for the underlying tkhmtl project is at:http://groups.google.com/group/tkhtml3

Sorry I don't know offhand. Please consider posting to the group for
tkhtml3 (and hv3) at the address above.

From: Tcl Bliss on
On Jul 26, 4:21 am, jemptymethod <jemptymet...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to encourage Tcl developers to use the hv3 web browser
> written in Tcl.  The underlying project is open source but has
> stagnated and I think could be an excellent opportunity for Tcl
> developers to get involved.
>
> Windows and Linux versions can be downloaded at:http://tkhtml.tcl.tk/hv3.html
> You can grab the executables if you just want to start browsing, or
> the starkits if you want to unwrap them and start hacking.
>
> The usenet group for the underlying tkhmtl project is at:http://groups.google.com/group/tkhtml3
>
> Supposedly tkhtml has been forked (http://sourceforge.net/projects/
> tkhtml/develop) but no files seem to have released.

1. Is there any possibility to use this project on Iphone/Android/
WinCE platforms?

2. What is the advantage in using the HV3 browser instead of using
Firefox/Chrome/IE ?

Thanks
From: Arndt Roger Schneider on

Tcl Bliss <tcl.bliss(a)gmail.com> writes:

> On Jul 26, 4:21� am, jemptymethod <jemptymet...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would like to encourage Tcl developers to use the hv3 web browser
>> written in Tcl. � The underlying project is open source but has
>> stagnated and I think could be an excellent opportunity for Tcl
>> developers to get involved.
>>
>> Windows and Linux versions can be downloaded at:http://tkhtml.tcl.tk/hv3.html
>> You can grab the executables if you just want to start browsing, or
>> the starkits if you want to unwrap them and start hacking.
>>
>> The usenet group for the underlying tkhmtl project is at:http://groups.google.com/group/tkhtml3
>>
>> Supposedly tkhtml has been forked (http://sourceforge.net/projects/
>> tkhtml/develop) but no files seem to have released.
>
> 1. Is there any possibility to use this project on Iphone/Android/
> WinCE platforms?

You're kidding?
In case you didn't: read the distribution license from
Apple concering the iTunes App-Store.

> 2. What is the advantage in using the HV3 browser instead of using
> Firefox/Chrome/IE ?

None.
These outdated and feature limited browser is embedable
in tcl-applications and tcl scripts can be mixed within
html.

-roger
--
Arndt Roger Schneider [arndt?roger?web?de << .@.]