Prev: OctaOS
Next: DIV overflow
From: Guga on
Hi guys

someone knows how to convert an null terminated ascii string to
tword ? (80 bits)

I suceeded to convert an ascii to qword, making an similar function as
atoi64, but i can´t extend the convertion to 80 bits.

Some one knows how to convert? Also for 128 bit would be good too :)

Btw: If someone have a C source of those routines and not an assembly
one.. no problem...i can try translate to assembly;

Best Regards,

Guga

From: Guga on
On Mar 26, 11:39 am, "Guga" <Guga...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> someone knows how to convert an null terminated ascii string to
> tword ? (80 bits)
>
> I suceeded to convert an ascii to qword, making an similar function as
> atoi64, but i can´t extend the convertion to 80 bits.
>
> Some one knows how to convert? Also for 128 bit would be good too :)
>
> Btw: If someone have a C source of those routines and not an assembly
> one.. no problem...i can try translate to assembly;
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Guga

Sorry.. i forgot...

The convertion code must not use FPU, please.

Best Regards,
Guga

From: Frank Kotler on
Guga wrote:
> On Mar 26, 11:39 am, "Guga" <Guga...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi guys
>>
>>someone knows how to convert an null terminated ascii string to
>>tword ? (80 bits)
>>
>>I suceeded to convert an ascii to qword, making an similar function as
>>atoi64, but i can�t extend the convertion to 80 bits.
>>
>>Some one knows how to convert? Also for 128 bit would be good too :)
>>
>>Btw: If someone have a C source of those routines and not an assembly
>>one.. no problem...i can try translate to assembly;
>>
>>Best Regards,
>>
>>Guga
>

> Sorry.. i forgot...
>
> The convertion code must not use FPU, please.

Hi Guga,

The Nasm source code - "float.c" - contains such code. The code actually
included in Nasm is broken. Nasm64developer has written "corrected" code
- fixes the "known" problems (he doesn't want it included in Nasm until
it's been vetted by an "expert"... we know any?) That code is available
in the "contributions" section of the "download" page - acfloat3.zip. It
*will* need to be converted to asm (I understand there are automated
tools to do this. :)

Best,
Frank
From: Guga on
On Mar 26, 12:28 pm, Frank Kotler <fbkot...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> Guga wrote:
> > On Mar 26, 11:39 am, "Guga" <Guga...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>Hi guys
>
> >>someone knows how to convert an null terminated ascii string to
> >>tword ? (80 bits)
>
> >>I suceeded to convert an ascii to qword, making an similar function as
> >>atoi64, but i can´t extend the convertion to 80 bits.
>
> >>Some one knows how to convert? Also for 128 bit would be good too :)
>
> >>Btw: If someone have a C source of those routines and not an assembly
> >>one.. no problem...i can try translate to assembly;
>
> >>Best Regards,
>
> >>Guga
>
> > Sorry.. i forgot...
>
> > The convertion code must not use FPU, please.
>
> Hi Guga,
>
> The Nasm source code - "float.c" - contains such code. The code actually
> included in Nasm is broken. Nasm64developer has written "corrected" code
> - fixes the "known" problems (he doesn't want it included in Nasm until
> it's been vetted by an "expert"... we know any?) That code is available
> in the "contributions" section of the "download" page - acfloat3.zip. It
> *will* need to be converted to asm (I understand there are automated
> tools to do this. :)
>
> Best,
> Frank- Hide quoted text -

Hi frank

do you have the link ? It have beein years since i last saw Nasm

Is it using FPU ?

Best Regards,
Guga

From: Guga on
Ok..

found it.. Tks frank

But.. this is in C.

I´m trying to compile it with LCC or VS and ti is not working.

Do you have the compiled version of float.c ? an u compile it to me ?
(I would like to analyse object file or the generated executable)

Best Regards,

Guga

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11