From: johnzulu on
I do recommend that you read the Intel Manual on CPUID. There is an
extensive description in the manual plus there is SOME code in using
CPUID. Once again you may need to rewrite the code a bit but
it is FAR less of a hassle.

John

From: rh00 on
> I do recommend that you read the Intel Manual on CPUID. There is an
> extensive description in the manual plus there is SOME code in using
> CPUID. Once again you may need to rewrite the code a bit but
> it is FAR less of a hassle.

thanks! i found this intel app note about cupuid:

http://developer.intel.com/design/xeon/applnots/241618.htm

From: Wolfgang Kern on

"rh00" wrote:

[about...]
> i was obtained these link about this topic (may be of interest of the
> group):

http://ftp.lanet.lv/ftp/mirror/x2ftp/msdos/programming/hardware/cpuid3.zip

I think even files are dated 2002, they may need some update!
The story ends with AMD K6, and I (still) use a K7 since 1999
and started with AMD-64 two years ago.

> http://www.rcollins.org/ddj/Sep96/Sep96.html
> http://www.rcollins.org/ddj/Nov96/Nov96.html

Look at the date in here.

Best use Intel or AMD (or whatever) x86-CPU-docs for details.

__
wolfgang