From: Linz on
I'm using outlook express and have been able to send attachments in the past.
Now when I send jpgs it sends 12-20 times and I get error message, "too many
messages on a single connection; couldn't be split into smaller parts" - and
14 other bullet points. why would I have this problem all of a sudden?

From: CSM1 on
"Linz" <u30558(a)uwe> wrote in message news:6b7e2816490c5(a)uwe...
> I'm using outlook express and have been able to send attachments in the
> past.
> Now when I send jpgs it sends 12-20 times and I get error message, "too
> many
> messages on a single connection; couldn't be split into smaller parts" -
> and
> 14 other bullet points. why would I have this problem all of a sudden?

Depends on your Email server. Some ISPs limit the size of email sent.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

From: Linz on

From: CSM1 on
"CSM1" <nomail(a)nomoremail.com> wrote in message
> "Linz" <u30558(a)uwe> wrote in message news:6b7e2816490c5(a)uwe...
>> I'm using outlook express and have been able to send attachments in the
>> past.
>> Now when I send jpgs it sends 12-20 times and I get error message, "too
>> many
>> messages on a single connection; couldn't be split into smaller parts" -
>> and
>> 14 other bullet points. why would I have this problem all of a sudden?
>>

> Depends on your Email server. Some ISPs limit the size of email sent.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> --

Second reply.

Search Google for "email attachment size limit" without the quotes.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

From: CSM1 on
"Linz" <u30558(a)uwe> wrote in message news:6b7ee3c1c99b8(a)uwe...
> CSM1 wrote:
>>> I'm using outlook express and have been able to send attachments in the
>>> past.
>>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>> and
>>> 14 other bullet points. why would I have this problem all of a sudden?
>>
>>Depends on your Email server. Some ISPs limit the size of email sent.
>>My ISP hasn't changed over the last year and haven't had the issue before.
>>Would this have anything to do w/ XP Service Pack 2 - which I can't get
>>installed!

I doubt that XP SP2 has anything to do with it.

Search Google for "email attachment size limit" without the quotes.

Search Windows XP Help and Support for "attachment size limit" no quotes. In
the Microsoft Knowledge Base there are some articles of interest.

Numbers
168974 OLEXP: Problems Sending E-mail With an Attachment
283220 OLEXP: Message Size Exceeds Server Limit

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com