From: Gordon on

"TAFFY" <TAFFY(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> thanks for the swift response. however, I have been using outlook 2007 on
> laptop which has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed and when i click
> on
> the Attach File Icon, choose the relevant file and click on the drop-down
> arrow next to insert I have the option top insert as a hyperlink . On my
> desktop PC which also has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed I don't
> get
> the hyperlink option when I click on the drop-down arrow next to insert,
> just
> insert or insert as text.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or have I been dreaming???

I don't get that option either. Do the Insert-Hyperlink like I posted...

From: Gordon on

"TAFFY" <TAFFY(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> thanks for the swift response. however, I have been using outlook 2007 on
> laptop which has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed and when i click
> on
> the Attach File Icon, choose the relevant file and click on the drop-down
> arrow next to insert I have the option top insert as a hyperlink . On my
> desktop PC which also has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed I don't
> get
> the hyperlink option when I click on the drop-down arrow next to insert,
> just
> insert or insert as text.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or have I been dreaming???

Got it. The "insert as Hyperlink" only occurs with Rich Text formatted
messages. Your laptop must be using either HTML or Plain Text for email
format, whereas your Desktop must be using RTF...

From: TAFFY on
Thanks Gordon - I had just worked it out and was about to post the solution
but I'm glad you beat me to it sio I know I'm not going mad! Thanks for
your help - I find these groups really helpful when ever I need any help.