From: TAFFY on
hello,
if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get options
to insert or insert as text. in previous versions there was an option to
insert as a hyperlink, is this no longer available? I am using
outlook/office 2007 with SP2 installed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Taffy B
From: Gordon on

"TAFFY" <TAFFY(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello,
> if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get
> options
> to insert or insert as text. in previous versions there was an option to
> insert as a hyperlink, is this no longer available? I am using
> outlook/office 2007 with SP2 installed.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Taffy B

New Message-Insert Tab-Hyperlink.

From: Dan on
Start new mail message.
Double click the word you want to create a hyperlink to.
Once the word is all blue or "selected" right click the highlighted word.
Select hyperlink.
At the bottom of the menu box that opens is a section titled address.
Put the the url in the address box.
You can also highlight the word and go to "insert" and create the hyperlink
in that manner. If you cannot see the option to "insert" You may have to
change your toolbar/menu options to show insert.

--
I hope this helps you,

Dan

From: Gordon on

"Dan" <Dan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Start new mail message.
> Double click the word you want to create a hyperlink to.
> Once the word is all blue or "selected" right click the highlighted word.
> Select hyperlink.
> At the bottom of the menu box that opens is a section titled address.
> Put the the url in the address box.
> You can also highlight the word and go to "insert" and create the
> hyperlink
> in that manner. If you cannot see the option to "insert" You may have to
> change your toolbar/menu options to show insert.
>
> --
> I hope this helps you,

Eh? The OP wants to insert a link to a FILE, not turn a word into a link...

From: TAFFY on
Hi,
thanks for the swift response. however, I have been using outlook 2007 on a
laptop which has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed and when i click on
the Attach File Icon, choose the relevant file and click on the drop-down
arrow next to insert I have the option top insert as a hyperlink . On my
desktop PC which also has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed I don't get
the hyperlink option when I click on the drop-down arrow next to insert, just
insert or insert as text.

Am I doing something wrong or have I been dreaming???