From: bing on
I just move my NIC to another slot and now its automatic change my IP address
to 169.254.165.35 since then i can't share my connection to my LAN. Please
help me how to change my IP address to 192.168.0.1. thanks a lot..
From: Star Fleet Admiral Q on
Sounds like the OS no longer recognizes your NIC. Did you try to reinstall
the NIC drivers?

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!

Google is your friend!
http://www.google.com

From: Jack[MVP] on
Hi
Windows defaults to 169.254.165.35 when something is wrong and it can not
obtain a working IP.
In General you can debug the Network Setting of the computer following these
steps.
Step One - Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
Make sure that the drivers are installed correctly; there is No IRQ
conflict, and No Ghost installation. http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
Step Two - Verify Basic network setting in the OS:
http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify
If the above two Steps indicates that every thing looks good but
functionally it does not work.
Step Three - Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
If need to Reinstall; Log to this page it have a lot of links to
instructions for Windows Network Installation -
http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

From: bing on
hi!
jack thank you for your assistant. I know all the setting for my NIC are all
alright no IRQ conflict, and the Device manager says its in working
condition. My problem is I don't know how to configure to reset my IP back to
192.168. X.X. is there any simple tool that I can use to change this
autoconfiguration of IP 169.254.X.X? I got 3 machine running all xp prof and
all of my LAN machine adapted these autoconfiguration IP address 169.254.x.x.
If i run the network diagnostic tool it says my network card failed.
thaks a lot.

From: bing on
Hi! jack I downloaded and install the winsock registry mechanic and scan my
system it repaired some errors but not all of it I need to register. Dont
have budget at the moment to register this tool but if your really recommend
this tool to solve my problem I might try it if it is the only tool to solve
this issue. Is the problem is in my registry? I am not really sure. thanks
again