From: Joachim Bieler on
Geoff,

try the code below:

oBrowser:Use(�)
oBrowser:FirstVisibleRecNo := �

I hope, this is helpful for you.

Regards
Joachim Bieler

From: Geoff Chambers on
On Jul 1, 1:23 am, Joachim Bieler <supp...(a)votools.com> wrote:
> Geoff,
>
> try the code below:
>
> oBrowser:Use(…)
> oBrowser:FirstVisibleRecNo := …
>
> I hope, this is helpful for you.
>
> Regards
> Joachim Bieler
>
> Am 29.06.2010 18:24, schrieb Geoff Chambers:
>

> > I have an SQL Server in bBrowser, Once I set up the browser, I'm able
> > to set the bBrowser to a specific ros within the RecordSet. All of
> > this works Ok. What I would like is to force this row to be the first
> > row that displays in the bBrowser. Is this possible?- Hide quoted text -

Nope, it seems as long as it's visible it can display anywhere in the
list. Here are my steps

I first create the server
I then attach it to the Browser:Use(oServer)
I create my columns
then Recalculate the browser
I then set the order of the server
Seek the record I want
//I'mm Ok to this point
I then try to set the FirstVisibleRecNo := 60 //
self:oBrowserCurrentRecNo == 60
It displays somwhere in the visible browser but it's not the first
record.
From: Joachim Bieler on
Geoff,

I have test the code below with the VO class SQLSelect and a MS SQL Server.

oSQLSelect := SQLSelect{"select * from Customer", oConn}
oSQLSelect:Execute()
oSQLSelect:Skip(2)
iRecNo := oSQLSelect:RecNo

self:oDCBrowser:Use(oSQLSelect)
self:oDCBrowser:FirstVisibleRecNo := iRecNo

This code works fine.

I have no idea what the problem could be. Please send me a test application (aef file) with that I
could reproduce the problem.

Regards
Joachim Bieler

From: Geoff Chambers on
On Jul 2, 11:29 am, Joachim Bieler <supp...(a)votools.com> wrote:
> Geoff,
>
> I have test the code below with the VO class SQLSelect and a MS SQL Server.
>
>    oSQLSelect := SQLSelect{"select * from Customer", oConn}
>    oSQLSelect:Execute()
>    oSQLSelect:Skip(2)
>    iRecNo := oSQLSelect:RecNo
>
>    self:oDCBrowser:Use(oSQLSelect)
>    self:oDCBrowser:FirstVisibleRecNo := iRecNo
>
> This code works fine.
>
> I have no idea what the problem could be. Please send me a test application (aef file) with that I
> could reproduce the problem.
>
> Regards
> Joachim Bieler
>
> Am 01.07.2010 15:19, schrieb Geoff Chambers:
>

> > On Jul 1, 1:23 am, Joachim Bieler<supp...(a)votools.com>  wrote:
> >> Geoff,
>
> >> try the code below:
>
> >> oBrowser:Use(…)
> >> oBrowser:FirstVisibleRecNo := …
>
> >> I hope, this is helpful for you.
>
> >> Regards
> >> Joachim Bieler

> > Nope, it seems as long as it's visible it can display anywhere in the
> > list. Here are my steps
>
> > I first create the server
> > I then attach it to the Browser:Use(oServer)
> > I create my columns
> > then Recalculate the browser
> > I then set the order of the server
> > Seek the record I want
> > //I'mm Ok to this point
> > I then try to set the FirstVisibleRecNo := 60  //
> > self:oBrowserCurrentRecNo == 60
> > It displays somwhere in the visible browser but it's not the first
> > record.- Hide quoted text -

I probably have to much going on in my code before I actually get a
chance to set the FirstVisibleRecNo. I'm also using VOADO Geoff
Schaller's Library so there is a specific way of setting up the server
and then the browser. I'll try creating a simple browser using your
suggestion and see if I get the desired results.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: bBrowser and codeblock and fieldname
Next: Address's