From: zak on
I resolved a similar problem after i noticed a time difference between the sharepoint server and the sql server. hope this helps.

Posted as a reply to:

Unable to lock the sharepoint topology

I am trying to backup my sharepoint server using Backup Exec. I am running
in to the error I listed in my subject. I try to go to
http://<server>:<port>/CentralDatabaseLock.aspx to release the lock but that
doesn't work. It shows the lock being the process of creating the site which
is 100% complete.

This is a sharepoint 2003 server running on Win2k3 SP2 with a SQL 2000
backend. If there are any ideas on how to fix this please let me know.
Currently I am able to do SQL backups of the database fine, but I would
prefer to use the sharepoint agent.

Thanks!

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx