From: badgolferman on
1U rack mount server chassis
Intel S845WD-1E mainboard
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s845wd1-e/
P4 2.8 Ghz processor
512M PC2100 RAM

I have disconnected every peripheral from this motherboard but it
continues to give me beep codes upon bootup. Most of the time it is
three short beeps which the documentation identifies as "First 64KB
Memory Failure" and sometimes it gives me two short beeps and another
short beep. I suppose that is still really three beeps.

I have replaced the memory module with another one and even switched
DIMM slots to see if there is a difference -- it continues to complain.

What does that error message mean and does anyone know what else to try?

--
No matter what happens, someone will find a way to take it too
seriously.