From: friesian on
I am trying to fix a problem with my parent's computer. The printer
prints fine when printing emails or other documents. But when trying
to print from the web browser, it just shoots out some blank pages.
Doesn't even try to print. They pages go through the printer fast. I
haven't been able to figure out if it is the browser or the printer.

The printer is obviously receiving a command of some sort as it sends
out the correct number of pages. But it seems to think it is being
asked to print a blank page. It does fine with other programs, so the
printer itself is functional.

They are using Mozilla 3.6. It was 3.5.7 when the problem started. I
tried upgrading to see if that was the problem. Internet Explorer
currently does not open, so I cannot test it to see if that works.

Operating system is windows XP. Printer is canon i560.

From: Jan Alter on

<friesian(a)zoocrewphoto.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to fix a problem with my parent's computer. The printer
> prints fine when printing emails or other documents. But when trying
> to print from the web browser, it just shoots out some blank pages.
> Doesn't even try to print. They pages go through the printer fast. I
> haven't been able to figure out if it is the browser or the printer.
>
> The printer is obviously receiving a command of some sort as it sends
> out the correct number of pages. But it seems to think it is being
> asked to print a blank page. It does fine with other programs, so the
> printer itself is functional.
>
> They are using Mozilla 3.6. It was 3.5.7 when the problem started. I
> tried upgrading to see if that was the problem. Internet Explorer
> currently does not open, so I cannot test it to see if that works.
>
> Operating system is windows XP. Printer is canon i560.

I wondered immediately if it would work with another browser until you
mentioned the no-show of IE. How about downloading Chrome and see if the
printer will work with that browser.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf(a)verizon.net

From: Max on
On Feb 1, 7:21 am, "fries...(a)zoocrewphoto.com"
<fries...(a)zoocrewphoto.com> wrote:
> I am trying to fix a problem with my parent's computer.  The printer
> prints fine when printing emails or other documents. But when trying
> to print from the web browser, it just shoots out some blank pages.
> Doesn't even try to print. They pages go through the printer fast. I
> haven't been able to figure out if it is the browser or the printer.
>
> The printer is obviously receiving a command of some sort as it sends
> out the correct number of pages. But it seems to think it is being
> asked to print a blank page. It does fine with other programs, so the
> printer itself is functional.
>
> They are using Mozilla 3.6. It was 3.5.7 when the problem started. I
> tried upgrading to see if that was the problem. Internet Explorer
> currently does not open, so I cannot test it to see if that works.
>
> Operating system is windows XP. Printer is canon i560.

See what the page shows in the preview pane.
Check the print setting within the browser as they may be set to
something way beyond reason. If you have crazy margins or are scaling
the page to 1% or something, you would get that sort of garbage.
From: Kevin Lucas on
Jan Alter wrote:

> <friesian(a)zoocrewphoto.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to fix a problem with my parent's computer. The printer
>> prints fine when printing emails or other documents. But when trying
>> to print from the web browser, it just shoots out some blank pages.
>> Doesn't even try to print. They pages go through the printer fast. I
>> haven't been able to figure out if it is the browser or the printer.
>>
>> The printer is obviously receiving a command of some sort as it sends
>> out the correct number of pages. But it seems to think it is being
>> asked to print a blank page. It does fine with other programs, so the
>> printer itself is functional.
>>
>> They are using Mozilla 3.6. It was 3.5.7 when the problem started. I
>> tried upgrading to see if that was the problem. Internet Explorer
>> currently does not open, so I cannot test it to see if that works.
>>
>> Operating system is windows XP. Printer is canon i560.
>
> I wondered immediately if it would work with another browser until you
> mentioned the no-show of IE. How about downloading Chrome and see if the
> printer will work with that browser.

Yes, I'd try with chrome as my next step too. If it works in Chrome then at
least we'll know that the problem lies in the mozilla settings.

kev.
From: friesian on
On Feb 1, 2:09 pm, Max <im.1.maxalumi...(a)xoxy.net> wrote:

> See what the page shows in the preview pane.
> Check the print setting within the browser as they may be set to
> something way beyond reason. If you have crazy margins or are scaling
> the page to 1% or something, you would get that sort of garbage.

That was it. Somehow, they had a right margin of over 7000 inches.
Once fixed, it prints great :)

Trust my parents to come up with some strange errors.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Epson R1800 B&W printing
Next: Canon CLI-8 Ink