From: Char Jackson on
On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:31:36 -0800 (PST), gtownfunk
<ben_camp(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Our intent is to enlighten with simplicity not to obscure
>with complexity.

That phrase is so slick I can't let it get away without stealing it.

From: gtownfunk on
> For ~$2,000.00 ?
> NO

Do you have a suggestion? :) What price do you think is
appropriate? You threw out a piece of botnet detection software,
great.. but that's not what this is.

> Like there is no benevolent virus, there is no benevolent botnet.

Looks like somebody drank the kool-aid. The world is not out to get
you. Uranium can destroy our cities or it can power them, choose
wisely.

> /*  What are you thinking ?  */

// that c is dead { btw, all the cool kids have commenting in pascal
for years now }

Seriously, though, I do appreciate the feedback even if it isn't all
positive. Thanks to all who have replied so far via usenet and email.

Ben Camp
botnetWorks - putting botnets to work for the good guys!
http://www.botnetworks.com/
ben(a)botnetworks.com
From: gtownfunk on
On Mar 4, 9:05 pm, Char Jackson <n...(a)none.invalid> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:31:36 -0800 (PST), gtownfunk
>
> <ben_c...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Our intent is to enlighten with simplicity not to obscure
> >with complexity.
>
> That phrase is so slick I can't let it get away without stealing it.

Well then, it's a good thing I didn't leave any words out of the
middle like I have in half my other posts.

I'm still stuck with the visual of a bunch of 13 year old kids with
botnets vs the US Army and their botnet detectors. Its all influenced
by the fact that ET was on HBO the other day, so in my mind's eye the
botnet detectors are little geiger counter looking devices and the US
Army is stumbling through the internet in astronaut suits like it was
Elliot's house and they were afraid of what they were going to find.
Time for bed I guess.

Cheers,

Ben
From: Ant on
"gtownfunk" wrote:

> - Written in C#

Yuk.

> instead of obscure scripting languages hackers might use

Bot authors prefer ASM, C or C++.

> - Runs on the .NET Framework you are familiar with

Am I? I did a five day course on it once.
So, it won't run on a unix box.

From: T.H on
gtownfunk wrote:
> We are just about to release a product and are looking for some
> serious beta testers to give it a spin and let us know how you like
> it:
>
> snip...

I like your Micro$oft marketing model. Selling /Beta/ software to the
end user. SELLING Beta software.

It has worked for Micro$oft though. You are more honest than Micro$oft
about the developmental state of your product. That is a refreshing truth.

Good luck.

T.H