From: Jack Campin - bogus address on
The first commercial wax cylinder recording since 1922:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10171206
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10171129

discussion here:

http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=130835

mobile: 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
From: Sara Merriman on
In article <bogus-65BD36.21530016072010(a)news.albasani.net>,
Jack Campin - bogus address <bogus(a)purr.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> The first commercial wax cylinder recording since 1922:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10171206
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10171129
>
> discussion here:
>
> http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=130835

> e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k
> Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland
> mobile: 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

Very cool!

--
Sara

Cuddler of rats, cats and husband
From: David Kennedy on
Sara Merriman wrote:
> In article<bogus-65BD36.21530016072010(a)news.albasani.net>,
> Jack Campin - bogus address<bogus(a)purr.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> The first commercial wax cylinder recording since 1922:
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10171206
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10171129
>>
>> discussion here:
>>
>> http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=130835

>> e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k
>> Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland
>> mobile: 07800 739 557<http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
>
> Very cool!

Indeed. Well done Adrian. I strongly suspect that a second pressing
might be needed though...

--
David Kennedy

http://www.anindianinexile.com
From: Adrian Tuddenham on
David Kennedy <davidkennedy(a)nospamherethankyou.invalid> wrote:

> Sara Merriman wrote:
> > In article<bogus-65BD36.21530016072010(a)news.albasani.net>,
> > Jack Campin - bogus address<bogus(a)purr.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> The first commercial wax cylinder recording since 1922:
> >>
> >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10171206
> >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10171129
> >>
> >> discussion here:
> >>
> >> http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=130835
> >>
> >> -------------------------------
> >> e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e .
> >> Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU,
> >> Scotland
> >> mobile: 07800 739 557<http://www.campin.me.uk>
> >> Twitter: JackCampin
> >
> > Very cool!
> >

> Indeed. Well done Adrian. I strongly suspect that a second pressing
> might be needed though...

It was a limited edition of 40, so no more copies of that particular
recording will be made. However, there has been some interest shown by
other musicians in the possibility of issuing other recordings on
cylinder.

I should also mention that Duncan Miller ("Vulcan") and Paul Morris
("Phoenix") have been issuing pre-recorded cylinders for some years.
The difference is that theirs are either dubbings or specially performed
pieces, this was a commercial release by an existing band.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Pages: 1