From: Jcoffman on
I am receiving a timeout error when trying log into a server from sql
mangament studio. The Db is upa nd running fine except all of the backup jobs
are suspended. I can connect fine the the sqlcmd as well.

Does anyone know what is going on with this? It just started acting up this
way yesterday.

-james

Error =
Time-out occurred while waiting for buffer latch type 2 for page (1:223),
database ID 1. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

------------------------------
Server Name: fred
Error Number: 845
Severity: 17
State: 1
Line Number: 3

From: Uri Dimant on
See if that helps you

From: Erland Sommarskog on
Jcoffman (Jcoffman(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> I am receiving a timeout error when trying log into a server from sql
> mangament studio. The Db is upa nd running fine except all of the backup
> jobs are suspended. I can connect fine the the sqlcmd as well.
>
> Does anyone know what is going on with this? It just started acting up
> this way yesterday.
>
> -james
>
> Error =
> Time-out occurred while waiting for buffer latch type 2 for page (1:223),
> database ID 1. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
>
> ------------------------------
> Server Name: fred
> Error Number: 845
> Severity: 17
> State: 1
> Line Number: 3

I would consider rebooting the server. Something seem to be wacko.

Database id 1 is the master database, and page 223 on my SQL 2008
instance is a system table sysobjvalues; on my SQL 2005 instance it
is appears to be unallocated.

I found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940942, but it does not seem
to be a applicable in this case.

So reboot the server. If does not happen again, forget about it. If
it happens again, then you do have a problem.

Links for SQL Server Books Online: