From: Adam Piggott on
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Adam Piggott" <usenet(a)proactiveservices.co.invalid>

| NOD32 is allowed to touch the recycle bin, there's no reason an AV
| shouldn't, it's just a hidden directory. If AV were to be excluded from
| here it would be an easy and hidden way for malware to hide, whereas the
| System Volume Information folder is only accessible by SYSTEM by default,
| which reduces the chances of malware being able to write there.

So does McAfee.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: joboils on
On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 08:59:10 -0500, "Vanguard"
<vanguard.news(a)yahooNIX.com> wrote:

><joboils(a)spam_less_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Noel Paton" wrote:
>>
>>><joboils(a)spam_less_hotmail.com> wrote ...

>>>Empty the recycle bin for that account - better still, empty the
>>>recycle bin
>>>in ALL accounts.
>> It's not in the Recycle Bin. As I said, I can't find it.
>
>You can't see the folder and files under <d:>\Recycler because Explorer
>handles "special" folders differently (usually by hiding them although
>sometimes the view is altered). You'll need to use a DOS shell with cd
>and dir commands with the appropriate command-line switches (like "dir
>/ad" to see directories and "dir /ah" to see hidden files). The "Empty
>Recycle Bin" property when you right-click on the Recycle Bin desktop
>icon may not completely empty the <d:>\Recycler folder(s). In your
>case, probably the easiest way to empty the Recycle Bin is to use
>CCleaner (aka CrapCleaner). It adds a context menu item for it so you
>can easy run it (besides the Start menu group that gets added).

After getting another one, I suddenly thought me of -
nswp.com
So I ran cmd and used nswp All went well, but it *does* take time to
recall the commands. Quite enjoyed it really - took me all the way
back to my CP/M days...
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Rootkit ?