From: johny on
hi all

i am new to win32 gui programming for c++. the image is attached here
which needs to be developed using c++ win32 api.i need to know how to
programme a group radio button?how to add mutilple IDS to .rc file?do
i need to create a dialog windows and then add these controls?I cannot
use MFC anymore since the target device supports only WIN32 api, hence
everything n eds to be developed from the scratch. i have visual
studio 2005, hence developing win32 applications using c++. any help
would be appreciated as am new to win32 api programming, eventhough am
a c++ programmer. i need samples in win32 for GUI development, that
would work with VS 2005.

1)how to program group radio button using win32 apis?which are the
event handlers to be called?any samples are available?
2)how to create a button and load image to it using win32 api?
3)how to create a list control and add columns to it as shown in the
image using win32 apis?
4)how do i create a combo box and check box as shown in images using
win32 c++ apis?what are the events being handled?

any resources or source code or samples will be helpful. anyone
suggest me some links?
From: Massimo Soricetti on
On 20/03/2010 08:45, johny wrote:
> I cannot
> use MFC anymore since the target device supports only WIN32 api, hence
> everything n eds to be developed from the scratch. i have visual
> studio 2005, hence developing win32 applications using c++.

MFC is just a thin C++ layer on top of windows APIs. That's used to be a
separate DLL, but you can also statically link MFC runtime in your
program, so I think MFC will work with any device and any version of
windows, unless you have EXTREMELY small disk space. Just set WINVER to
the proper value and all should be fine.
From: Paul N on
On 20 Mar, 07:45, johny <john4wi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all
>
> i am new to win32 gui programming for c++. the image is attached here
> which needs to be developed using c++ win32 api.i need to know how to
> programme a group radio button?how to add mutilple IDS to .rc file?do
> i need to create a dialog windows and then add these controls?I cannot
> use MFC anymore since the target device supports only WIN32 api, hence
> everything n eds to be developed from the scratch. i have visual
> studio 2005, hence developing win32 applications using c++. any help
> would be appreciated as am new to win32 api programming, eventhough am
> a c++ programmer. i need samples in win32 for GUI development, that
> would work with VS 2005.
>
> 1)how to program group radio button using win32 apis?which are the
> event handlers to be called?any samples are available?
> 2)how to create a button and load image to it using win32 api?
> 3)how to create a list control and add columns to it as shown in the
> image using win32 apis?
> 4)how do i create a combo box and check box as shown in images using
> win32 c++ apis?what are the events being handled?
>
> any resources or source code or samples will be helpful. anyone
> suggest me some links?

I think if you're doing it from scratch using just the tools you've
mentioned, it could be a bit of a long journey - but perfectly doable.
I'd suggest the book "Programming Windows" by Charles Petzold, which
describes most if not all of the things you've listed.

Best of luck with it!
Paul.
From: winapi on

http://www.catch22.net/tuts

From: r_z_aret on
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 00:45:41 -0700 (PDT), johny <john4wince(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>hi all
>
>i am new to win32 gui programming for c++. the image is attached here

In this context, the word "newbie" is not an insult, but useful. In
particular, I suggest using google
(http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&) to look up
newbie
in this newsgroup

>which needs to be developed using c++ win32 api.i need to know how to
>programme a group radio button?how to add mutilple IDS to .rc file?do
>i need to create a dialog windows and then add these controls?I cannot
>use MFC anymore since the target device supports only WIN32 api, hence
>everything n eds to be developed from the scratch. i have visual
>studio 2005, hence developing win32 applications using c++. any help
>would be appreciated as am new to win32 api programming, eventhough am
>a c++ programmer. i need samples in win32 for GUI development, that
>would work with VS 2005.
>
>1)how to program group radio button using win32 apis?which are the
>event handlers to be called?any samples are available?
>2)how to create a button and load image to it using win32 api?
>3)how to create a list control and add columns to it as shown in the
>image using win32 apis?
>4)how do i create a combo box and check box as shown in images using
>win32 c++ apis?what are the events being handled?
>

>any resources or source code or samples will be helpful. anyone
>suggest me some links?

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
Useful reading (be sure to read its disclaimer first):