From: FSt1 on
hi
i was trying to illistrate a point about the real values behind the formated
times. obviously one would want the value formated as time but it does help
to know what is going on behind the formating ie it's not hocos pocus. it's
simple math using real numbers simply formated to look another way.

regards
FSt1

From: FSt1 on
hi
it works either way. omitting the sum does reduce typing.

regards
FSt1

From: gma on
All
Let me try this way
cell one: 06:00 am
cell two: 02:30 pm
cell three: formula/calculating cell: 8.5 hours
when i change the numbers in the either cell one or two it changes cell
three to what ever time differance, + or -