From: Chuck Charlton on
The man page for the calendar utility in SunOS 5.10 does not list the
formats for events that are not fixed dates. I have tried formats for
other unix calendar programs, and they don't work in this version. The
dates I used to use on another system are

Mar Sun+2 2:00a Daylight Time begins
Nov Sun+1 2:00a Standard Time begins
Jan Mon+3 MLKjr Day
Feb Mon+3 Presidents Day
May Sun+2 Mothers Day
May MonLast Memorial Day
Jun Sun+3 Fathers Day
Sep Mon+1 Labor Day
Oct Mon+2 Columbus Day
Nov Thu+4 Thanksgiving

In addition I'm trying to set up reminders for the 1st day of every
month, the 17th day of every month, and the last day of every month.

Does this functionality exist in this OS? The man page is strikingly
unhelpful.

Thanks

Chuck

--
chuck(a)well.com
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-06-15 13:33:52 +0100, Chuck Charlton said:

> The man page for the calendar utility in SunOS 5.10 does not list the
> formats for events that are not fixed dates. I have tried formats for
> other unix calendar programs, and they don't work in this version. The
> dates I used to use on another system are
>
> Mar Sun+2 2:00a Daylight Time begins
> Nov Sun+1 2:00a Standard Time begins
> Jan Mon+3 MLKjr Day
> Feb Mon+3 Presidents Day
> May Sun+2 Mothers Day
> May MonLast Memorial Day
> Jun Sun+3 Fathers Day
> Sep Mon+1 Labor Day
> Oct Mon+2 Columbus Day
> Nov Thu+4 Thanksgiving
>
> In addition I'm trying to set up reminders for the 1st day of every
> month, the 17th day of every month, and the last day of every month.
>
> Does this functionality exist in this OS? The man page is strikingly
> unhelpful.

Does the source in
<http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/cmd/calendar/>
help? It seems to have last changed in 2005, so is hopefully not
massively different to what's in Solaris 10.

--
Chris

From: Chuck Charlton on
In article <87pg4kF866U1(a)mid.individual.net>, Chris Ridd
<chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:

> On 2010-06-15 13:33:52 +0100, Chuck Charlton said:
>
> > The man page for the calendar utility in SunOS 5.10 does not list the
> > formats for events that are not fixed dates. I have tried formats for
> > other unix calendar programs, and they don't work in this version. The
> > dates I used to use on another system are
> >
> > Does this functionality exist in this OS? The man page is strikingly
> > unhelpful.
>
> Does the source in
> <http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/cmd/calendar/>
> help? It seems to have last changed in 2005, so is hopefully not
> massively different to what's in Solaris 10.

Thanks. Looking at the source shows that the capability does not
exist. I'll go find another wall to bang my head against.