From: asf66 on
Dear All,

I deleted the games that came loaded on my pc, Spider Sol, Solitaire,
Minesweeper etc. They are truly gone as they don't appear in the
Windows/System 32 folder. I've looked in the folder, seached all exe files,
they are gone.

Can I copy them off another pc using a thumbdrive, then drag them to the
correct folder in my pc and double click them or try to re-install them by
doing the Add/Remove-Windows Components routine?

Thank you-
asf66
From: John Inzer on
asf66 wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I deleted the games that came loaded on my pc, Spider Sol, Solitaire,
> Minesweeper etc. They are truly gone as they don't appear in the
> Windows/System 32 folder. I've looked in the folder, seached all exe
> files, they are gone.
>
> Can I copy them off another pc using a thumbdrive, then drag them to
> the correct folder in my pc and double click them or try to
> re-install them by doing the Add/Remove-Windows Components routine?
>
> Thank you-
> asf66

See the following article:

(307768) How To Add or Remove Games in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307768

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: asf66 on
I believe the method referenced in the link works when the games files are
still in the PC. My files are gone. I cannot "re-link" them as they are no
longer available.

i will give it another shot, just in case I;m missing a step.

thanks-
asf66

From: Bob I on
Yes the first step provides the source files.

1.With the Windows XP CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive, click Start, and then
click Control Panel.

From: John Inzer on
asf66 wrote:
> I believe the method referenced in the link works when the games
> files are still in the PC. My files are gone. I cannot "re-link" them
> as they are no longer available.
>
> i will give it another shot, just in case I;m missing a step.
>
> thanks-
> asf66
??? #1 in the article states that you need the XP CD.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice