From: DJW on
In OS 10 (10.4.11) is there a way to make it so it a person has to
have a password to open that specific folder?
From: BreadWithSpam on
DJW <ddwr(a)hotmail.com> writes:

> In OS 10 (10.4.11) is there a way to make it so it a person has to
> have a password to open that specific folder?

Use Disk Utility to create an encrypted disk image.

From: Johan W. Elzenga on
DJW <ddwr(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> In OS 10 (10.4.11) is there a way to make it so it a person has to
> have a password to open that specific folder?

There are utilities that can do that. Go to www.macupdate.com and do a
search. If you don't want to use third party software, you can do it
indirectly: make a password protected disk image from that folder using
Disk Utility.

--
Johan W. Elzenga, Editor/Photographer, www.johanfoto.com
From: Jason S on
On 2010-07-16 11:27:47 -0400, DJW said:

> In OS 10 (10.4.11) is there a way to make it so it a person has to
> have a password to open that specific folder?

I use Disk Utility to make encrypted disk images and it works great.
Just don't lose the password or that disk image will be absolutely
useless; the data will never be able to be accessed again.

--
Jason

From: Kurt Ullman on
In article
<227288940300987791.660012nomail-please.invalid(a)news.supernews.com>,
Johan W. Elzenga <nomail(a)please.invalid> wrote:

> DJW <ddwr(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > In OS 10 (10.4.11) is there a way to make it so it a person has to
> > have a password to open that specific folder?
>
> There are utilities that can do that. Go to www.macupdate.com and do a
> search. If you don't want to use third party software, you can do it
> indirectly: make a password protected disk image from that folder using
> Disk Utility.

I thought that DU only let you protect the entire machine and not
just a certain folder. Am I wrong (certainly won't be the first time (g).

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist