From: acskorski on
I am receiving an error message 550 5.7.1 when I send. "Relaying denied: You
must check for new mail before sending mail." It fixed itself yesterday, but
now it's back. I've tried rebooting.
From: F.H. Muffman on
acskorski wrote:
> I am receiving an error message 550 5.7.1 when I send. "Relaying
> denied: You must check for new mail before sending mail." It fixed
> itself yesterday, but now it's back. I've tried rebooting.

What version of Outlook and OS?

Basically, you need to go to the Advanced settings of your POP3/IMAP server
and tell it to log on when sending mail and to use the same logon when
checking mail.

--
f.h.

From: Brian Tillman on
acskorski <acskorski(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am receiving an error message 550 5.7.1 when I send. "Relaying
> denied: You must check for new mail before sending mail." It fixed
> itself yesterday, but now it's back. I've tried rebooting.

Are you properly authenticating to your outgoing server?
--
Brian Tillman
From: acskorski on
Thanks - that's just what I needed.