From: lola.eng on

Outlook forces me to save and actually close an email I am composing
just to do anything else in Outlook. Is there a setting I can change to
allow me to simply minimize it until I wish to continue composing.

--
lola.eng
From: DL on
Learn how to crosspost and not multi post.
What version of Outlook on what o/s and what type of mail account?
And when you have the new msg window open is the minimise Btn (-) not
available?

From: lola.eng on

v 2003 and yes, the minimize btn is where it should be; it just doesn't
work.

In another forum I've been told this is a problem when I use 'send to'
in another program. Indeed, I use Windows 'send to recipient' daily.
So, is there an add on or work around to defeat this MAPI problem? I
did not have this problem in OE, and the more I use Outlook the more I
miss the simplicity of OE.

--
lola.eng
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Are you starting the mail using a Send to menu in another application? If
so, the behavior is normal.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
I believe I answered this in the other forum - but for the benefit of
others, I'll update this thread also.

> I use Windows 'send to recipient' daily.

See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20071221.htm for the steps
needed to create shortcuts to outlook in Window's Sendto folder - this will
fix the problem when sending from Windows Explorer. It wont help when using
the File, Send to menus in other applications.