From: Louis des Tombe on
Troy Piggins <usenet-0911(a)piggo.com> wrote in news:20091124161813
@usenet.piggo.com:

> eg original filename is filename.TIF
> save full sized jpg as filename.JPG
> save 800 max as filename-800.JPG
> save 500 max as filename-500.JPG

I've solved it in a cheap way, but it works: I've created special temp
directories, named, say, 'full', '800', and '500', and I let the saves go
in there. After I've done a bunch I put the files where I want them, all
versions have the same name but in my case they never go to the same place.

Maybe this helps.

--
Louis
From: Mike Russell on
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:59:11 +1000, Troy Piggins wrote:

> * Mike Russell wrote :
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:29:46 +1000, Troy Piggins wrote:
>>
>> [---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 11 lines snipped |=---]
>>> save full sized jpg as filename.JPG
>>> save 800 max as filename-800.JPG
>>> save 500 max as filename-500.JPG
>>>
>>> or something like that.
>>
>> Unfortunately, actions do not support variables, but there is hope. You
>> probably want to use scripting, which does allow variables in the scripting
>> language of your choice, typically VB script, or javascript. Check out the
>> scripting toolkit that is shipped with Photoshop.
>>
>> Also check out http://www.ps-scripts.com/ , which is a site that is
>> dedicated to scripting.
>
> Just thinking about this a little more. How about making the
> action pause or wait for me to type in the filename at the save
> for web window, then click ok and action continues. Is that
> possible and how? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

Yes, that will work. Just do a save while recording your action. Then
open the action, and click on the dialog icon next to the save command.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
From: Troy Piggins on
* Mike Russell wrote :
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:59:11 +1000, Troy Piggins wrote:
>
> [---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 17 lines snipped |=---]
>>
>> Just thinking about this a little more. How about making the
>> action pause or wait for me to type in the filename at the save
>> for web window, then click ok and action continues. Is that
>> possible and how? Sorry if it's a dumb question.
>
> Yes, that will work. Just do a save while recording your action. Then
> open the action, and click on the dialog icon next to the save command.

I see. Thanks Mike. Still coming to grips with all things
Photoshop.

--
Troy Piggins
From: Troy Piggins on
* Louis des Tombe wrote :
> Troy Piggins <usenet-0911(a)piggo.com> wrote in news:20091124161813
> @usenet.piggo.com:
>
>> eg original filename is filename.TIF
>> save full sized jpg as filename.JPG
>> save 800 max as filename-800.JPG
>> save 500 max as filename-500.JPG
>
> I've solved it in a cheap way, but it works: I've created special temp
> directories, named, say, 'full', '800', and '500', and I let the saves go
> in there. After I've done a bunch I put the files where I want them, all
> versions have the same name but in my case they never go to the same place.
>
> Maybe this helps.

Thanks mate. All sorted now.

--
Troy Piggins