From: Lloyd on
I am doing some data verification in my subform, but users are able to get
around this by just selecting the X and closing the form while in the field.
Is there a way in the fields on exit event, that when the code runs telling
the user they must enter the required data that it also stops the form from
unloading? Otherwise I assume my only option is to put the same code in the
forms unload event, is that correct?

sample code below:

Private Sub Method_Exit(Cancel As Integer)

If Me.PersonCaseType Like "Mur*" And Me.PersonType = "Victim" Then

If IsNull(Me.Method) Then
MsgBox "You must enter a Method of Attack for this person", vbCritical,
"Enter a Method of Attack"
Cancel = True

End If
end sub
From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
Checking for null fields cannot be done reliably in any event of the control
itself. This kind of validation needs to be done in the Form_BeforeUpdate
event. It will then be executed whether moving to another record or closing
the foem.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003