From: kendock on

I'm new to SBS and am having an issue trying to add computers.

Brand new install on Dell Poweredge T310.
Server setup ok, patches applied. BPA clean.

Seems to be a problem with network connectivity.
Can do everything for about 30 seconds then it gets disconnected.
ie. Remote desktop from client to server,connects, then disconnects.
Map network drive, can see directory on remote drive, then disconnects.
http://connect/ on client doesn't work, then works, then cannot
authenticate network admin user (verified credentials multiple times).
Can ping server and client from either.
Windows XP pro clients.
IE 8 will only show pages after diagnosing a network problem (not
finding one and clicking close onthe popup).

Using default roles (standard user, network administrator)

It's like there's something watching and shutting down my attempts to
network.

Haven't seen anything like this yet.

Been at this for days now and can't see straight.
please help.
thanks
Ken

--
kendock
kendock's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/239446.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: kendock on

More info: Static server IP keeps reverting to Dhcp.
IE works when the static ip is present, or seems to.
DHCP values are the same: ipconfig shows the same values whether static
or dhcp.

From: kj [SBS MVP] on
kendock wrote:
> More info: Static server IP keeps reverting to Dhcp.
> IE works when the static ip is present, or seems to.
> DHCP values are the same: ipconfig shows the same values whether
> static or dhcp.

Probably want to move this over to the forum ... and post an ipconfig/all
from the troubled computer.

--
Please visit Microsoft SBS Technet Forum;
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbusinessserver/threads--/kj

From: Russ (SBITS.Biz) [SBS-MVP] on
In addition to posting the IPCONFIG /ALL from PC
Have you scanned this PC with Malwarebytes
and some other AV products?

And what is the AV you are using on All Systems?
Russ

--
Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP]
MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC

From: kendock on

Tried a reinstall from original disks again.
Same problem.
Turns out NIC 1 is bad. Not dead, just alive enough to make me think it
couldn't be the problem.
Switched to NIC 2 and magically everything works as it should.
New motherboard coming on monday.
I hate dead out of the box problems.

thanks for your replies.
Ken