From: Meinolf Weber on
Hello Russell,

If i check the files you have connected two different networks ,CSS and hilldale in one ip network and use the hilldale DHCP for the other domain? Is this correc?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

From: Russell on
Yes, a single LAN that has 2 unrelated Domains, CCS (w2000)and
HILLDALE.LOCAL (w2003). Each domain has its own individual DC. The DC
serving HILLDALE.LOCAL is also providing DHCP and DNS services for the
entire LAN including the CCS domain member PCs. I sent you the diagnostic
logs from both DCs and couple of client PCs.

I even attempted to simplify the situation by removing the w2003 from the
equation by pointing a client PC's DNS to the the w2000 DC. That did not
work either, but I suspect because I don't have the DNS services on the
W2000 configured exactly right.

I'm willing to try almost anything to get this resolved, so I appreciate any
thoughts you can offer. thanks, Russell

From: Meinolf Weber on
Hello Russell,

So the DNS server hosts 2 different zones for both domains? Please post the
DHCP scope settings.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

From: Russell on
Yes, a seperate DNS zone for each windows domain.

dhcp scope properties:
start ip 192.168.2.33
end ip 192.168.2.149
Lease duration: 180 days
DNS tab-Checked: Enable DNS dynamic update according to the settings below
Selected: Always dynamicaly update DNS A and PTR records
Checked: Dynamically update DNS A and PTR records for DHCP clients that do
not request updates.
Advanced tab: DHCP only.

Any thoughts appreciated. Russell

From: Meinolf Weber on
Hello Russell,

Please post the scope options you are using. Not only the scope itself.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.