From: yoavrofe on
There is no message. If I try to open a port that does not exist I get
something like "The port 'COM0:' does not exist", but in this case I
don't get any message.

I tried different baud rates, etc, but I always get the same result:
OpenNETCF.IO.Serial.Port works, but System.IO.Ports.SerialPort does
not. The problem is that I've a lot of code already written with
System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.

-Yoav.
From: yoavrofe on
Please, anyone! Why does the OpenNetCF implementation works, but the
System.IO does not? is there ant difference between them regarding
opening the serial ports?

Thanks!

Yoav.
From: Chris Tacke, eMVP on
It works becasue there's some difference. There's absolutely no way for us
to know why becasue we don't have your code or hardware. If the OpenNETCF
code works, use it. It's interface compatible with the CF implementation.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

From: Markus Humm on
Chris Tacke, eMVP schrieb:
> It works becasue there's some difference. There's absolutely no way for us
> to know why becasue we don't have your code or hardware. If the OpenNETCF
> code works, use it. It's interface compatible with the CF implementation.

Yep, and when we tried it back then it didn't work on one single PDA (of
the ones we tested): HP iPAQ rx1950.

Greetings

Markus
From: Chris Tacke, eMVP on
What didn't work? The OpenNETCF version? If so, it comes with full source
and should be "fixable" by anyone with time and a debugger.

The OP said that the CF version fails, but the OpenNETCF version works. If
that's the case, he should migrate or open a Microsoft support case. We
can't fix it for him.