From: seeker on
Why does form!frmHealthstatssecondcheck!cmbmembername.visible = true give me
this error

cant find the field cmbmembername referred to in your expression.

cmbmembername is not a field it is a combo box on form
frmhealthstatssecondcheck
From: Jeff Boyce on
We're not there. We can't see what you're working on.

Where is this happening? What are you attempting to do when this happens?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"seeker" <seeker(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why does form!frmHealthstatssecondcheck!cmbmembername.visible = true give
> me
> this error
>
> cant find the field cmbmembername referred to in your expression.
>
> cmbmembername is not a field it is a combo box on form
> frmhealthstatssecondcheck

That doesn't look like an exact quote of your statement. If it were, things
would be capitalized differently. In questions like this, it is very
important that you copy and paste the failing statement into your message,
so that we don't go off on wild goose chases over your typos.

If the captialization is the *only* thing that isn't quoted accurately, then
there is an error in your form reference. It should be:

Forms!frmHealthstatssecondcheck

*not* :

form!frmHealthstatssecondcheck

However, that may just be a misquote on your part. If that isn't the
problem, double-check the exact spelling of the control name,
"cmbmembername". Capitalization doesn't matter, but correct spelling does.

Also, where is this statement being executed? Is in the code module of the
form, frmHealthstatssecondcheck? Is that form open when the statement is
executed?

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 12:55:01 -0700, seeker <seeker(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Why does form!frmHealthstatssecondcheck!cmbmembername.visible = true give me
>this error
>
>cant find the field cmbmembername referred to in your expression.
>
>cmbmembername is not a field it is a combo box on form
>frmhealthstatssecondcheck

Try Forms!frmHealth... instead of Form!frmHealth...

This will look in the Forms collection (all open forms) for the form of that
name. If your code is in fact on that form you can simplify the code by using

Me!cmbMemberName.Visible = True

instead of the full forms reference.

Note that a Subform is not a member of the Forms collection and must be
referenced via the mainform and the Subform control name:

Forms!mainform!subformcontrol.Form!controlname.Visible = True

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]