From: Norman on
On Nov 11, 6:11 pm, Christoph Weber-Fahr <we...(a)gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we can't get FreeBSD 7.x installations running on older
> Proliant Servers (DL380 G3).
>
> We install via iLo.
>
> The same scenario works perfectly with FreeBSD 6.4.
>
> Apparently, iLo creates the ISO image as USB cdrom,
> which for some reason doesn't work with the 7.2 install
> kernel.  The kernel comes up, you can make all the
> necessary settings, but once it tries to access the
> boot cd it complains not being able to access
> sector -1 on cd.
>
> Affected are HP Proliant DL380 Servers of Generation 3
> (and maybe earlier.). We *did* flash the iLo firmware
> up to HP's most recent iLo 1 version, so that shouldn't
> be the issue.
>
> Anybody seen that problem before?
>
> What changed with USB cdrom between 6.4 and 7.x ?
>
> Any hint is gratefully appreciated.

Maybe it's poor sampling, but I recall a lot of threads
both on the mailing lists and the FreeBSD forums
about this model of Proliant. I don't know what, if any
fixes have been done, but you might search those
two resources.
From: Christoph Weber-Fahr on
Norman wrote:
> On Nov 11, 6:11 pm, Christoph Weber-Fahr <we...(a)gmx.de> wrote:
>> we can't get FreeBSD 7.x installations running on older
>> Proliant Servers (DL380 G3).
>>
>> We install via iLo.
[...]

> Maybe it's poor sampling, but I recall a lot of threads
> both on the mailing lists and the FreeBSD forums
> about this model of Proliant.

The 380 or the 380 G3.

The 380 in general is bound to produce many threads,
since it is HP best sold server (and at some point was
world's most sold server model).

Regards

Christoph Weber-Fahr

Pages: 1