From: CeDeROM on
Hello!

I have moved my data from ufs_partition (ad0s2x) to a separate
dos_slices(x=1:ad0s7, x=2:ad0s8). Now I have one ufs_partition left
(ad0s2a mounted "/") and some free space after old data. How can I
resize this ufs_partition (a) to fill the whole slice?

I have tried using the sysinstall disklabel (booted from cd to avoid
working on a mounted filesystem), deleted ad0s2b and ad0s2d, then
pressed "R" (delete+merge) at ad0s2a, but the partition a dissapeared.
So I have created one new partition covering whole slice, but did not
format it. Then the fsck warned me about improper partition size
stored in the label. I have fixed these warnings and then my ad0s2a is
in it's old size.

Is there any easy way to resize partitions? Or this is kinda way I did
but I also have to edit label by hand?

Thanks in advance for any hints!
Tomek
From: Patrick Lamaizière on
CeDeROM :

> Hello!

Hi,

> I have moved my data from ufs_partition (ad0s2x) to a separate
> dos_slices(x=1:ad0s7, x=2:ad0s8). Now I have one ufs_partition left
> (ad0s2a mounted "/") and some free space after old data. How can I
> resize this ufs_partition (a) to fill the whole slice?

There is growfs(8) to extend ufs (you can't shrink ufs)
(Old) howto: http://www.daemonnews.org/200111/growfs.html

I've never tried this.

From: CeDeROM on
On Nov 10, 4:33 pm, Patrick Lamaizière <adre...(a)est.invalid> wrote:

> There is growfs(8) to extend ufs (you can't shrink ufs)
> (Old) howto:http://www.daemonnews.org/200111/growfs.html

Thank you Patrick! Thats was exactly what I was looking for - a tool
that can do the job for me after I did my part with the disklabel :-)
I have tried to use bootonly-iso-installer-disk, to check the
disklabel part, unfortunately there was neither "growfs" nor "fsck" on
the rescue console to do the rest of the job :-(
I thik I will have to move from bootonly iso disks to a livecd ones...
or maybe adding fsck and the growfs to the installer disk is possible?

Best regards,
Tomek