From: Tia on
Dear all,
I have a bank account that contains more than 15 numbers, whenever i
am trying to make the data entry ex :4322386920125206 i am receiving
that
the value you entered isnt valid for this field for example you may
have entered text in a numeric field or that number is larger than the
field size setting permits please help
my data type is number ,filed size long integer, decimal places:auto

Please help
From: RonaldoOneNil on
A long variable can hold a maximum number of 2147483647
I suggest you make your bank account number field text. It does not need to
be a number just because it contains all digits. You are not going to perform
calculations with it are you ?

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
Ronaldo has hit the nail on the head here. Following his advice is the way to
go.

As he has suggested, a field that contains all digits but isn't used for
mathematical operations really should be defined as Text.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003