From: François Patte on
Bonjour,

I use linux and only linux.

I use the calendar on IMP, which is easily synchronised with my mail on
thunderbird, using lightning.

I am wondering if I can find a cell phone with a calendar application
which I can easily synchronise with my IMP/thunderbird calendar by the
way of an usb connexion (or bluetooth...).

I don't want to by a cell phone with internet access... just a simple one.

Thanks for any advice.

--
Fran�ois Patte
Universit� Paris Descartes
From: General Schvantzkoph on
On Sat, 22 May 2010 14:42:41 +0200, François Patte wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> I use linux and only linux.
>
> I use the calendar on IMP, which is easily synchronised with my mail on
> thunderbird, using lightning.
>
> I am wondering if I can find a cell phone with a calendar application
> which I can easily synchronise with my IMP/thunderbird calendar by the
> way of an usb connexion (or bluetooth...).
>
> I don't want to by a cell phone with internet access... just a simple
> one.
>
> Thanks for any advice.

I have a Palm Pre which I Sync via Gmail. The Pre integrates multiple
mail and calender sources together. I have my mail coming from a pop
server at my ISP and my calender coming from my Gmail account. I have
Zindus installed on Thunderbird which integrates the Gmail calender into
Thunderbird. On a related note, you can setup the Pre so that you can ssh
in and run a Linux shell or rsync to it, you can do this though it's Wifi
connection so you don't need to use the USB cable. I also have Mytether
set up on my Pre which allows me to use it as a Wifi hotspot (I have a
Sprint Pre, Verizon provides a Wifi hotspot app so you don't need
Mytether on that). Any Android phone will have the same capabilities.
Syncing though the cloud is vastly better then syncing via a cable
because it happens automatically where ever are and all your devices stay
in sync.