From: Armstrong on
Hello people,

I have been tolerating this design problem for years. As more and more
emails accumulate in my inbox ( I have to keep them for possible future
reference), This problem gets worse. Whenever I try to search for certain
emails, Outlook will start from the oldest date it has. Until now I have
always wanted to look for something that's recent, so it wastes time when it
goes through thousands of old emails before showing the new ones I am looking
for. Please tell me a way to change the order outlook searches things. I
don't want to install some 3rd party software if possible. Sometimes I really
hope I could meet the particular designer at MS and ask him/her "where is
your critical thinking when designing the software?"

Thanks ahead for your help!
From: neo on
You don't mention of you are working with an Exchange mailbox, but take a
peek at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308608